Thursday 28 May 2009

Venue hunting

So, we've been to visit a venue, and we loved it. We're making ourselves go to see half a dozen more places over the next few months, but I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to end up back at our first place. It's a converted barn that would allow us so much flexibility, right down to being able to offer our guests a choice of five different puddings on the day. RESULT!

However... it's £4k just to hire. I know that's not expensive as wedding venues go, but outside of the weird and wonderful bubble that is WeddingLand, £4k is an awful ot of money to spend just on being allowed to take 100 people to a room for seven hours. Ho hum.

We can't book anything until we've done some serious saving, so I guess we just have to put dreams of that place in the back of our mind while carrying on the search.

Although.

I migth have just done a little investigation into making my own centrepieces that would look perfect in the barn. Just lovely.

I am definitely owed that lottery win right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment