Wednesday 27 May 2009

NFI*

The hunt for invitations has started. A quick Google search reveals that hundreds, nay thousands, of businesses are all desperate to provide me with a veritable wet dream confection of card, cord, ribbon and a hundred choices of ink colour. Further investigation reveals that they would also like to divest me of a month's take-home for the pleasure.

I have (stupidly) set my heart on letterpress invitations - the kind that's the style du jour for trendy American weddings, but yet to really take off here. Letterpress invites are so classy and stylish and LOVELY. However, they're also loopily expensive.

I'm trying to find a cheaper way of getting the invites I'd like - making them myself is clearly not an option - but I'm struggling! Surely there's some typography/printing student who'd like to take this on as a project...?!

In the interim, I've decided to sulk and decide I'm not having ANY INVITATIONS AT ALL, and perhaps I'm NOT INVITING ANYONE TO MY WEDDING, and EVERYTHING is SO UNFAIR, etc. etc.

*Not F*cking Invited, in case you're curious

No comments:

Post a Comment